[Mageia-discuss] home network using broadband router

WALKER RICHARD richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 10 01:34:11 CET 2012

This works for the nfs server on 2010.2 and Mageia 1 (with the bodge
in /etc/sysconfig/nfs-server)

/etc/exports;
# generated by drakhosts.pl
/home/richmag/Videos
192.168.0.0/8(no_all_squash,async,secure,no_subtree_check,rw)

The client machine is always 2010.0 and the /etc/fstab entry for the
Mageia 1 server is
192.168.0.101:/home/.rich64/Videos /mnt/Videos nfs
user,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noauto,soft 0 0

Starting the nfs server from the MCC Services list on the Mageia 1
system produces this pop-up response with a normal setup;
Stopping NFS kernel daemon
Stopping rpc.mountd:[FAILED]
stopping nfsd:[FAILED]
Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
Starting NFS kernel daemon
Starting nfsd[ OK ]
Starting rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
[ OK ]

When you apply the bodge to the nfs-server config file you get the
same thing, but without the eight repetitions of
"rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested
address" between the "d" and the "[" on the last line. And the server
works, but only if you take down the firewall on that box.

The earlier report that it is also broken on 2010.2 is not yet
confirmed. I am sure it did fail but I haven't been able to repeat the
failure, and I have been trying most of the evening.