[Mageia-discuss] home network using broadband router

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Sat Mar 10 02:37:53 CET 2012

On 03/09/2012 07:34 PM, WALKER RICHARD wrote:
> This works for the nfs server on 2010.2 and Mageia 1 (with the bodge
> in /etc/sysconfig/nfs-server)
>
> /etc/exports;
> # generated by drakhosts.pl
> /home/richmag/Videos
> 192.168.0.0/8(no_all_squash,async,secure,no_subtree_check,rw)
>
> The client machine is always 2010.0 and the /etc/fstab entry for the
> Mageia 1 server is
> 192.168.0.101:/home/.rich64/Videos /mnt/Videos nfs
> user,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noauto,soft 0 0

I've done a little testing on my own. My nfs server is on a Fedora box
and I set my client fstab entries by hand, so I hadn't used the Mageia
tools until today. It seems MCC doesn't create an nfs4 share by default
(it uses the older protocol) so this is a little different from what
I've been doing and I'm a bit rusty. A couple points...

You didn't answer my question about whether or not Smoothwall always
assigns the same IP to the server box. This is important since if it
doesn't then every time the server restarts the network interface you
are taking a chance it will get assigned a different IP and break the
client fstab entries.

Has this configuration ever worked correctly? The exports file looks
fine but IIRC the fstab entry should match the exports file path, i.e.
it should be: "192.168.0.101:/home/richmag/Videos /mnt/Videos ...."

> Starting the nfs server from the MCC Services list on the Mageia 1
> system produces this pop-up response with a normal setup;
> Stopping NFS kernel daemon
> Stopping rpc.mountd:[FAILED]
> stopping nfsd:[FAILED]
> Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
> Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
> Starting NFS kernel daemon
> Starting nfsd[ OK ]
> Starting rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> rpc.mountdrpc.mountd:svc_tli_create:could not bind to requested address
> [ OK ]

This looks like you have a version of the nfs server already running
that is using the assigned port which also might explain why disabling
the port configuration worked, at least once anyway until the default
port had a server running on it as well. I think you need check and see
if there is an existing daemon running and if so why it isn't shutting down.

Jeff