[Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Sun Mar 11 01:22:37 CET 2012

2012/3/10 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Am 10.03.2012 23:46, schrieb Juan Luis Baptiste:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Juergen Harms<Juergen.Harms at unige.ch>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> The principal reason why I did this post is the amount (and lack of
>>> control)
>>> of kde handbooks automatically downloaded, painful for users with low
>>> bandwidth; that these users need awareness of the bandwidth constraint
>>> has
>>> been stated in many threads of this ML. Can this be improved? - certainly
>>> not an issue for Beta 2.
>>>

>> Right now, the splitting of the handbook packages will use the same
>> bandwidth as before. As Anssi said, before the handbooks came bundled
>> with the owner package, so they were also being installed. So
>> bandwidth wise, is still the same as before the splitting.
>>
> I haven't looked into it, but perhaps we could install those handbooks as
> Suggests instead of Requires (or is it already done that way?).
> Then people wanting to save bandwidth could just install using
> "--no-suggests".
handbooks (when i initially created the split to fix mga #2101) where
only added as suggested.
How ever due to the use of bcd to create iso since mga2, suggests are
not available anymore on iso so in order to workaround it luc did add
a task handbooks which pulls thoses handbooks for dvd generation (& so
they are now available on iso).
Maybe a bug should be created with the problematic packages so luc can
have a look on it.

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net