[Mageia-discuss] Vote for board

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Mar 12 07:56:30 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 02:20:40AM -0400, David wrote in
<op.wa1nwqw0n7mcit at hodgins.homeip.net>:
>On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:29:45 -0400, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>
>>so there was exactly 2 candidates for the board :
>>Oliver Burger
>>Nicolas Vigier
>>We have 2 choice :
>>basically, iether say "there is the people who volunteered so they are
>>in the board", or do the full procedure.
>
>I have a habit of doing my best to avoid anything that can be considered
>political.
>
>Am I correct that there are two candidates and two positions?

If I am not mistaken, the number of seats on the board are "no less than x
and no more than y", with us being closer to x the past year than y.

While I support the candidacy of both candidates (if I have a say in it, I
don't know), but I think there still needs to be some sort of acclamation.
Imagine if someone unsuitable would volunteer and we have seats available?
Do we want to let them in unopposed?

>If so, then my understanding of general election principles is that they
>should both be declared elected by acclamation, rather then bothering
>with a vote.

Remmy