[Mageia-discuss] [board-public] Board dissolution proposal

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:06:19 CET 2012

2012/3/12 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Hi,
>
> given the fact that we basically never use the board for anything
> ( there was no meeting in 1 year, almost no mail, ie, everything was
> done by council ), and given the fact that basically, we do not even
> respect our own procedure (ie what the use for me to keep track of who
> is member of the association if we vote on irc without checking quorum
> or anything ), I would suggest that we massively simplify the whole
> organisation by removing the board altogether.
>
> Ie, we just keep the council, and that's all.
>
> We did nothing of what we said we would, no one seems to bother enough
> or to understand the difference between board and council, or is
> motivated to keep them separate. So that's no use to keep it.

Thx Michael. These were the major reasons for me to resign.
 - I see no sense in a position which is neither needed nor holds any
power nor task to the name (same reason I resigned as admin from the
German forum).
 - I'm not someone who loves to show as many titles as possible in my signature.

Seeing the way "elections" were done (2 were needed, 2 applied, lets
do that in 10 minutes in next council meeting) adds to the
"importance" of the board.

Certain positions (president, secretary, treasurer) are needed due to
French regulations (is that true?), so I suggest the board being
reduced to these positions, so the board has exactly what is needed:
organisational power.

--
wobo