[Mageia-discuss] Firefox problem (more)

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Mar 14 14:42:20 CET 2012

On Wednesday 14 Mar 2012 09:11 my mailbox was graced by a message from peter
winterflood who wrote:
> >> Since a reboot following a power cut, the fontsize used by Firefox to
> >> display  text in toolbars, menus and tab titles has become very small.
> >> Display of web pages is not affected.
> >> Any idea where this can be changed ?
> >> Firefox 8.0.1,  KDE 4.6.5, Mageia 1 kept reasonably up to date  ;-3)

> > I have found since that the same problem also affects all the Drak tools
> > I  have tried to run: diskdrake, rpmdrake, drakconnect, drakxconf...

> ive seen this after rigorous removal of all gnone stuff.
> its down to a missing (perhaps corrupt in your case)
> ia_ora-gnome-1.0.25-1.mga1
> without that you get the symptom you describe with firefox and mageia
> control

Thanks.

OK, but I did not remove/change anything; strange ?

I now reinstalled   ia_ora-gnome-1.0.25-1.mga1 and things returned to normal;
query: Why do I need gnome stuff in a KDE install ?

Cheers,

Ron.
--
               Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend:
                   and inside a dog, it's too dark to read.