[Mageia-discuss] UFile Canadian Tax software works on Mageia+WINE combo

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Mar 30 05:42:01 CEST 2012

Le 2012-03-17 07:13, Marc Paré a écrit :
> FYI
>
> If you are Canadian, with the federal tax remittance deadline looming,
> UFile 2011 Canadian tax software (for Windows) seems to work fine with
> Mageia. The software installs properly and also does the update lookup,
> download and installation properly (last year's version could not do
> updates ... these had to be done manually). Electronic filing is still
> not verified (we are still inputting the data), but this worked last
> year and I am supposing that it will work again this year ... if not,
> then printing and posting by snail-mail would be necessary.
>
> NOTE that if some screens do not show all input field items, you just
> have to do a refresh screen for all of the windows to show properly.
>
> You will find UFile software at various electronics stores and various
> retailers.
>
> NB: I am not affiliated with UFile at all and do not guarantee that any
> version or updated versions will definitely work on your setup. I am
> just expressing that this version works on my setup and my family is
> using it for filing tax services.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Just an update on UFile.

There have been two updates and the previous update has made it
impossible to update UFile from inside the programme. The fix for this
is to download the full and most recent version as found in the
UFile->Windows FAQ. This updates the package really well.

Also, another tip/warning, some/most of the screen do not draw properly;
the simple fix: minimize and then maximize the window in UFile and this
will force a re-draw with all of the lines appearing normally -- you
should do this with every window so that you do not miss any of the
entries.

Otherwise, everything else works as it should along with e-filing. We
have thus far submitted 5 accounts through e-file.

Cheers,

Marc

NB: I am not affiliated with UFile at all and do not guarantee that any
version or updated versions will definitely work on your setup. I am
just expressing that this version works on my setup and my family is
using it for filing tax services in Canada. UFile (Dr. Tax) does not
support UFile being run on linux.