[Mageia-discuss] Remote login

Rory Albertyn rory.a at radiantnet.co.za
Fri Mar 30 16:28:30 CEST 2012

On 30/03/2012 16:15, Marc Paré wrote:
> Hi Wobo
>
> Le 2012-03-30 02:03, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> 2012/3/30 Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>:
>>> I am planning a trip in the next few months and will need remote
>>> access to
>>> my desktop with full GUI use. I have been using TeamViewer and
>>> getting good
>>> results with it. But if my computer reboots while I am away, and if
>>> no one
>>> is there to re-start my desktop, TeamViewer on linux is not able to
>>> auto-start and let me back into my computer.
>>
>> First use ssh to log in to your computer and re-start your desktop.
>> Then you can use teamviewer.
>>

> Thanks, but how would I do this? I have never done ssh remotely. Can I
> imagine I can't do this if I don't have a static IP?
>
> mARC

I assume you could make use of DynDNS? Have your desktop startup at
poweroff (Do this in the BIOS) and automatically log in to your desktop
(User account settings).  I have not tried this with Mageia, but have
had excellent results using Ubuntu.

As a side note, you may or may not need to do port forwarding in your
router.

Gripen