[Mageia-discuss] Remote login

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Apr 1 03:20:18 CEST 2012

Hi Mika and Olivier,

Le 2012-03-31 16:56, Mika Laitio a écrit :
>> No, a standard setup (postfix and dovecot) does not use many resources
>> >  and is rather easy to setup.
> I use this combination + spamassassin on the server side.
> Users can have their own automatic filtering of emails to inbox
> subfolders by doing a file dovecot.sieve in their home folders which can
> for example then have rules like this:
>
> if header :contains "subject" ["[Mageia-dev]"] {
> 	fileinto "mageia-dev";
> 	stop;
> }
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" ["YES"] {
>          fileinto "spam";
>          stop;
> }
> else {
> 	keep;
> }
>
> This rule would basically move all mageia-dev messages to mageia-dev
> folder, all messages detected by spamassassing to spam folder and then
> keep all other messages in the inbox.
>
> Setting up the spamassassin daemon parts was most confussing and I do
> not have exact guides in my hand. (web was floating with various guides
> for postfix+dovecot+spamassassing combination from which some worked
> while some did not...)
>
> Mika

If I go this route, is there a way to migrate all of my Thunderbird
files to this combo? Due to the nature of the magazine I run, I need all
of my previous emails accessible for many searches -- i have 3.5gigs of
emails that I work with.

I could cope with the filtering, but would love it if I could retain all
of my previously sent/received data.

Marc