[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 10 17:49:42 CEST 2012

On 04/10/2012 11:25 AM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> 2012/4/10 Anne Wilson<annew at kde.org>:
>> On 10/04/12 15:19, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
>>> And remember too that Linux is all about user's choice; none of
>>> the "We are XXXXX of Borg, resistance is futile, you will do
>>> exactly what we tell you".
>> True indeed, but if someone wants to commit suicide we do have a moral
>> duty not to supply the gun and teach him how to load it.
> Except for society's sake! :)

There is a big difference between turning something off by default and
deliberately breaking an upstream feature that can only be enabled by
someone knowledgeable enough to edit a configuration file.  I would say
that if KDM supports this, and a sysadmin wants it, it's not our place
to remove the feature unconditionally.

What do we break next ? Remote X logins ?