[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 10 22:24:13 CEST 2012

On 04/10/2012 01:45 PM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> iinm it started as a technical issue and noone stepped up to want to
> maintain this feature, so it's not there. this besides that it's a bad
> idea, of course... we need to keep every choice open, but we need to
> restrict the newbie by default. someone who knows what he's doing can
> likely get this to work, after makeing some changes... but i'm not
> gonna spend time on it.
Maybe I misunderstand the issue, but I thought the OP said that this
feature was controlled by a keyword in kdmrc.  I assumed that that meant
it was a feature supplied as part of KDM.  Are you saying that it was a
MDV/MGA extension to start with, and that it was withdrawn because we no
longer wanted to support it ?

If so, that throws a whole new light on the issue.  I thought it was a
case of some recent change to forcibly disable the feature even though
the upstream code supported it.