[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Rolf Pedersen rolfpedersen at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 12 19:21:45 CEST 2012

On 04/12/2012 08:03 AM, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Thursday 12 Apr 2012 10:05 my mailbox was graced by a message from Rolf
> Pedersen who wrote:
>>   To sum, again, Linux is not merely a matter of an individual's choice.
>
> So you will impose your choices on a community,
> because you know better than they do ?
>
> "Resistance is futile..."
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Nonsense.  I spoke a reasoned opinion about overarching concerns of a
community versus unsupported claims, such as this, that these choices
are merely a personal matter.  I have no power to impose anything, save
an expression of my point of view, within constraints.  The security
policies, in general, have been in place for a long time for good,
traditional reasons.  If there is any imposition on community it is the
unfounded demand for ignoring these reasons.  Even the tiny bite you
excised from my post has no logical relation to your insinuation.  Bah.
  Such dishonest straw dogs as this are what annoy *me*.
Rolf