[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade problem

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Fri Apr 13 03:24:48 CEST 2012

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 07:24:49 am Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 06:51:25 -0500
>
> "Kevin R. Bulgrien" <kbulgrien at att.net> wrote:
> > > $ urpmq --whatprovides libopenssl-devel
> > > lib64openssl-devel|lib64openssl-devel|lib64openssl-devel|lib64openssl-d
> > > evel
> > >
> > > Which doesn't look right to me.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Antoine.
> >
> > How about the output of:
> >
> > $ urpmq --list-media
>
> $ urpmq --list-media
> Mageia - 1 - x86_64 DVD
> Core Release
> Core Release Debug
> Core Updates
> Core Updates Debug
> Core Updates Testing
> Core Updates Testing Debug
> Core Backports
> Core Backports Debug
> Core Backports Testing
> Core Backports Testing Debug
> Nonfree Release
> Nonfree Release Debug
> Nonfree Updates
> Nonfree Updates Debug
> Nonfree Updates Testing
> Nonfree Updates Testing Debug
> Nonfree Backports
> Nonfree Backports Debug
> Nonfree Backports Testing
> Nonfree Backports Testing Debug
> Tainted Release
> Tainted Release Debug
> Tainted Updates
> Tainted Updates Debug
> Tainted Updates Testing
> Tainted Updates Testing Debug
> Tainted Backports
> Tainted Backports Debug
> Tainted Backports Testing
> Tainted Backports Testing Debug
> Core 32bit Release
> Core 32bit Release Debug
> Core 32bit Updates
> Core 32bit Updates Debug
> Core 32bit Updates Testing
> Core 32bit Updates Testing Debug
> Core 32bit Backports
> Core 32bit Backports Debug
> Core 32bit Backports Testing
> Core 32bit Backports Testing Debug
>

> Regards
>
> Antoine.

Ok, 32-bit packages are there.

You can look for the more detailed name like this:

$ urpmq --media "Core 32bit Updates","Core 32bit Backports" \
    --whatprovides libopenssl-devel

Then try urpmi using the resulting longer name.  I assume the update is in one
of those media, but you could list whatever Core 32bit media names you wanted
to after the --media argument.

There is a crude method that one can try based on your prior post.  I probably
shouldn't show it, but what the heck...

> That said, here is what "urpmi --auto-update" says:
>
> Installation failed:	file /usr/include/openssl/cms.h from
> install of lib64openssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.3.mga1.x86_64 conflicts with
> file from package libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.2.mga1.i586
> file /usr/include/openssl/cms.h from install of
> libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.3.mga1.i586 conflicts with file from package
> lib64openssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.2.mga1.x86_64

So, now since maybe one doesn't know much about those names, so using a
breaking rocks type method, we chip away the cruft until something works.
Start from the top down until you do not get a message that starts with:

  No package named libopenssl...

$ sudo urpmi libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.3.mga1.i586
$ sudo urpmi libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.3.mga1
$ sudo urpmi libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2.3
$ sudo urpmi libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d-2
$ sudo urpmi libopenssl-devel-1.0.0d

And so on...

That's kind of a brain-dead way to approach it, but it works sometimes if you
don't really know how the numbers in the package name correlate to names that
urpmi understands.  I tried something similar on a package on my system, and
eventually I got to a name that worked that was more than libopenssl-devel.

Once you find the suitable long name and try to install it, does it install?