[Mageia-discuss] Building RPMs from commercial nVidia display driver

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Wed Apr 18 23:38:55 CEST 2012

torsdagen den 19 april 2012 00.10.12 skrev  Len Lawrence:
> I know you are all very busy assembling and beta-testing Mageia 2, and
> many thanks to you all...
>
> Mageia 1 is now running on my shiny new Alienware X51 using the VESA
> driver, not ideal for such a powerful beast and the 295.33 driver is
> recommended for the GTX 555 so I tried using the old Mandriva script to
> build the RPMs only to see it fall over:

Blatantly ignoring your question, but suggesting instead:

Maybe you should try mga2b3 liveCD?
And if you like it just go for it.
(Then, for production use i suggest not doing updates once it works,
until final version is ready)
Feedbacking on any problem also gives better chance that mga2 will work better
on your machine later :)

I am getting productive on mageia 2 already, but carefully as per above on
important machines.

/Morgan
--
Morgan Leijström