[Mageia-discuss] Testing after resubscription

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 22 12:02:31 CEST 2012

On 22/04/2012 00:39, Len Lawrence wrote:
> On 22/04/12 00:21, nicolas vigier wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Len Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>> Just to find out what happens when I post to the list.  None of my
>>> postings
>>> from my gmail address show up but the replies do so it looks like the
>>> messages do get through.  I had been receiving bounce and hold messages
>> http://support.tigertech.net/mailman-gmail
>>
> Thanks everybody for the information.  Unfortunately I am stuck with
> gmail because I have no idea how to set up my own server and no time
> to learn.  Demon is closing down its POP3 server sometime soon so I
> have had to transfer dozens of contacts to gmail.  My ISP supplies a
> free IMAP address but that appears to be linked to Google as well.
> C'est la vie.
>
> Len

That would be unusual.  However, even with just Google there is a
solution.  Create a second GMail account and set up your email package
to read that as well.  Then, when you post anything put your second
address in the BCC field.  I can't remember whether Google webmail
allows you to make that a default, but some mailers do.  Otherwise you
will just have to get into the habit :-)

Anne