[Mageia-discuss] Browsers

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:03:03 CEST 2012

Am 25.04.2012 14:50, schrieb TJ:
> Fantastic. Mageia just updated Firefox to 10.0.4. Meanwhile, Mozilla
> just released 12.0.
Well, we are using the "Extended support release" from Firefox. This
means we will stay at this version throughout the lifetime of a
distribution.
For more information, see
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

And, the last time I used Chromium, a pop-up, uh,
> popped up, telling me that my ad-blocking add-on no longer supports such
> an old version, and I need to update or it'll stop working.
>
> Sigh. It's nearly impossible for a distro to keep up with these
> rapid-fire vendor release schedules, isn't it? Not a complaint, just an
> observation. I know you guys are doing what you can, but have a lot to
> do - especially with trying to get Mageia 2 ready.

At least one problem here is the available people in QA. So if you do
think we should have more updates, get up and help in QA.

Oliver