[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Experiences

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Thu Apr 26 18:01:20 CEST 2012

>> In the past I've used the net install disc and done an "upgrade" of
>> the installed system. Nothing is actually installed but it does allow
>> me to change some settings. Perhaps use that to uncheck the graphic
>> interface box?
>
> Worth a try.

I was able to do this and now have a different outcome. Using safe mode
the system eventually locks up but with different messages:

Failed to start LSB: HAL daemon               [FAILED]
[   79.8755491] Disabling IRQ #24

Then I get a flashing cursor but the keyboard doesn't work.

Also, I booted into rescue mode and checked menu.lst. The boot
parameters already include nokmsboot.