[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Experiences

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Thu Apr 26 19:06:52 CEST 2012

On 04/26/2012 12:33 PM, Frank Griffin wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 12:01 PM, imnotpc wrote:
>>
>> I was able to do this and now have a different outcome. Using safe
>> mode the system eventually locks up but with different messages:
>>
>> Failed to start LSB: HAL daemon               [FAILED]
>> [   79.8755491] Disabling IRQ #24
>>
>> Then I get a flashing cursor but the keyboard doesn't work.
>
> No idea about this.  What about a default boot that used to lock up
> with a blank screen ?

Well this is truly odd. It locks up at many different places. I know
this sounds crazy but the point it locks up at seems to be related to
whether I select the default boot image to boot immediately or just let
it time out and boot. It's almost like there is a timer that begins when
grub loads and the system locks up a certain time after that no matter
where it is in the boot sequence.

This sounds like a hardware issue except that I've been able to install
mga1 and openSUSE 12.1 sucessfully on this laptop since my first
attempts to install mga2. I've also run an extensive RAM test and
everything looks good.