[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Experiences

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 26 21:22:58 CEST 2012

On 04/26/2012 02:21 PM, imnotpc wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 01:58 PM, Frank Griffin wrote:
>> On 04/26/2012 01:06 PM, imnotpc wrote:
>>> Well this is truly odd. It locks up at many different places. I know
>>> this sounds crazy but the point it locks up at seems to be related
>>> to whether I select the default boot image to boot immediately or
>>> just let it time out and boot. It's almost like there is a timer
>>> that begins when grub loads and the system locks up a certain time
>>> after that no matter where it is in the boot sequence.
> I think you misunderstand. This is what happens using the default
> boot. The safe boot give the HAL failure error.

Well, you can test the timer theory easily enough.  When the grub sreen
comes up, use the up or down arrow to move off of the default selection
and back onto it.  That will disable the autoboot timer.  Let it sit
there for 5 minutes, then hit ENTER and let it boot and see what happens.

Any luck if you install the firmware ?