[Mageia-discuss] New Wikipedia Mageia testpage launched (was: page of Mageia in wikipedia (in english) has been deleted)

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue May 22 12:23:27 CEST 2012

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Johnny A. Solbu <cooker at solbu.net> wrote:
>> On Sunday 20 May 2012 19:56, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
>>> I have therefore created a Mageia page in my own sandbox, that we can
work on. That way it can be moved to the main article when it's ready.

>> And now we have a Wikipedia article, with sources. :-)=
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mageia
>
> Excellent. Thanks guys!
>
> Just one note.
>
> "On September 17, 2010, Mandriva S.A. held a General Assembly that
approved the entry of new shareholders from Russia [6], and also decided
not to rehire the employees of the Mandriva team (Edge IT in France)."

> Edge IT liquidation is not related to Sept. 17th GA. Those were two
separate things. On Sept. 2nd, Edge IT was effectively placed under
liquidation process by the Paris Tribunal de Commerce; there's a 2-weeks
delay before it was effective for employees; that meant that on Sept.
17th, all Edge IT employees were released.

> Sources (in French):
>  - http://www.societe.com/societe/edge-it-444481204.html (it's a
> registry of French companies)
>  - all ex-employees, but that's not easy to quote :)
>
> I'm not sure how to port this into this paragraph though.

also, it needs a section on how to pronounce it (the link below already
has some info on that, and i'm sure there's mails in the mailing archives
that deal with those too...

Can we also have a small part on what was problematic under Mandriva
(communication with higher-ups), and our organizational structure, which
is pretty notable on it's own