[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade from Mandriva 2011

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Wed May 23 13:08:51 CEST 2012

Le mercredi 23 mai 2012 11:32:48 Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
[...]
> What about those of us who are still using Mandriva 2010.2 (which does not
> use rpm5)? Some of us have been waiting for mga2 to come along before the
> switch, as some have read reports about problems with upgrading to mga1. Do
> we also have to do a clean install?
Well upgrade to mga 1 from mandriva 2010.2 is supported so, since we can
upgrade from mga1 to mga2, i hope that it should work without much problem.
However again there's probably some packages not imported in mageia (for
example all package related to Qt3) which are not going to be updated or
eventually can be broken.
Maybe you can use the --test function of urpmi to have an idea ?

--
Balcaen John