[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-announce] Mageia 2 final release is out

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 06:18:36 CEST 2012

2012/5/24 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:
> Hi wobo,
>
> Le 2012-05-23 17:48, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>>
>> 2012/5/22 Anne Nicolas<ennael at mageia.org>:
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> So here it is! Mageia 2 final release is out.
>>

>> Very nice timing indeed - we are at Linuxtag and were able to show the
>> brandnew Mageia 2 on my machine!
>>
>> And we had our first little success story with MGA2 as well:
>>
>> A fellow in non-community clothing came up and looked at the screen of
>> MGA2 with KDE (standard installation). After he played with it a bit
>> he announced that he is very happy with the KDE implementation in
>> Mageia, especially with the wonderful combination of the Mageia
>> background and the KDE style. He repeated several times how nice it
>> looks and how all the KDE functions worked.
>>
>> Later he introduced himself - the treasurer of the KDE project!
>>
>> No, I did not make this up, marja was standing right beside :)
>>
>> Cheers from Linuxtag Berlin!
>>

> Take photos for the blog! and marketing purposes! These are always cool to
> show off later on. Plus we get to see what we are missing from this side of
> the pond in Canada.

Yes, certainly, we are good at taking lots of photos ;)

We even have a webcam put up at the stand, taking a photo every 5
minutes - unfortunately we could not stream to a website (as we did
for a previous event) because of a shaky net connection. But we saved
all the photos and will compile a short "movie" soon.

(See http://www.mandrivauser.de/copper/thumbnails.php?album=26 for
last year's photos at the same event)

Today Anne, boklm & obgr_seneca will join us as well and we surely
have a nice time.. :)

--
wobo