[Mageia-discuss] Very long boot, stalls in "Started /home"

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri May 25 00:31:08 CEST 2012

On Fri, 25 May 2012 04:17:42 -0400
Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:

> Hi Dimitrios,
>
> Le 2012-05-25 00:58, Dimitrios Glentadakis a écrit :
> > The boot is during a few minutes because it stalls for a while in
> > the "Started /home"
> > How can i skip/disable this step ?
> >
> > http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7646/startedhome.jpg
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> Wouldn't you be more concerned as to why it is taking so long to boot?
>
> Does it do this at each and every boot?
>
> Marc

Marc is right.  I don't see how you can run your computer without
starting /home.  Have a look at the output of dmesg or
"tail /var/log/rsyslog".  The last requires root privileges.  Although
you don't have a system yet, you can view these from a terminal using
<Ctrl> + <ALT> + one of the F keys.  I think that one between F1 and F3
will give you the kernel message without resorting to dmesg.

HTH,

Doug.