[Mageia-discuss] mounting removeable media on Mageia 2 Gnome 2?

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com
Mon May 28 20:24:01 CEST 2012

Sounds very like a problem identified back in January (Cauldron Alpha
2 release was where I first saw it) and is possibly being caused by a
squabble between udisks versions 1 and 2 and HAL over which should
mount and unmount devices.

I am working in a fairly pure LXDE environment and therefore I need
neither udisks v1 nor HAL and as a result my external device handling
is pretty damn near perfect. Things only get messed up when udisks 1
and HAL try to get involved, but I understand that is inevitable for
KDE users.

As a gnome user, you could try a tentative urpme udisks and see what
else will go with it. Likewise with HAL. You should also check that
you have no cdrom entry in /etc/fstab if you want to try the udisks2
only method - but believe me, it works.

Richard