[Mageia-discuss] Author of mageia background

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:13:18 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Στις 31/05/2012 07:37:24 Thorsten van Lil έγραψε:
>>have a look at this:
>>http://pr09studio.deviantart.com/journal/What-305318792#comments

Thanks for reporting this Thorsten.

>>The owner of this website claims to be the real author of the default
>>wallpaper and not Luiz Fernando (the winner of the artwork contest).
>>We should proof this statement and react.

> If you look closely there are not the same images

The background we have clearly looks as a derivative work of the one
above: flip the said blue original (licensed under CC-By-NC-ND) upside
down and left to right, make a transparent layer of it, and rotate it
180° with some gradient and here you have something very close if not
identical. Please double check and confirm, but this looks like it to
me. If it is, it sucks big time for everyone. :-/

We're going to contact both Luiz and the above author and see from there.