[Mageia-discuss] Poor results from upgrade

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Thu May 31 12:59:18 CEST 2012

On Thursday 31 May 2012 06:06 my mailbox was graced by a message from John
Balcaen who wrote:
> Could you give us the list of installed packages so we can narrow what
> trigger the kde installation but also how you did the upgrade?

Would ba glad to, but dont know how: with the system in its present state, MCC
does not run, if I open a lxterminal I cannot su or su -, so I dont know how
to give you the information.

> It seems strange that you did not notice kde packages during the urpmi
> transaction if you did the upgrade from command line if you used this way.

I upgraded by booting the M2 DVD, and choosing Upgrade Mageia 1, then went to
bed.

And this morning I woke up and found my system buggered.

Cheers,

Ron.