[Mageia-discuss] hcl.mageia.org

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Sat Jun 2 14:18:10 CEST 2012

From what i have seen before such lists end up contaning a fraction of
actually supported hardware.

HArdware is amess and quicklu changing. There are so man y revisions of only
graphics chips, then the same chip is used in different labeled graphics cards.

Just one example

Then there are many diferent temperature monitor ships on main boards, aside
from all different bridges, lan, wifi, bluetooth...

sigh.

And will th edatabase be updated when a problem gets fixed?
Probably not.

Better just grap the live CD and test, and preferrably report the tiny
fraction that fail, so it can be repaired.

--
Morgan Leijström