[Mageia-discuss] File systems ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Jun 4 11:43:12 CEST 2012

On Friday 01 Jun 2012 17:22 my mailbox was graced by a message from David W.
Hodgins who wrote:
> > I run a script based on df to check the total HD use on my box.
> > After installing Mageia 2 it gives impossible results, which I attribute
> > to DF now showing filesystems which I cannot find referenced in the File
> > Hierarchy Standard, like rootfs, devtmpfs or (several) tmpfs (mounted in
> > separate locations).

> They are tmpfs filesystems, which by definition means they exist in ram
> only.

I wonder how they can exist in RAM given the total size of the tmpfs
partitions is almost double the installed RAM of the computer.

Soy, until I can make sense of this stuff, it is back to Mageia 1.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
    Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong.
            I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun