[Mageia-discuss] Forum support: your help is needed!

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 4 13:11:59 CEST 2012

On 04-06-12 03:21, Macxi wrote:

> I have no expertise. But I found a way to help editing "help texts" for
> beginners.

You have the expertise needed to make those great sets of instructions
you made :D

> I have edited help texts (in Wiki MandrivaBrasil
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.mandriva-br.org%2Fmandriva%2Fdicas_para_iniciantes%2Findice>
> and Wiki MageiaBrasil
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.mageiabr.org%2Fmageia%2Fmageia-1>)
> mainly for 3 basic tasks:
>
> 1 - Install Mageia
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.mageiabr.org%2Fmageia%2Finstalar>
>
> 2 - Install the media
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.mageiabr.org%2Fmageia%2Fmidias>
> (software repository)
> 3 -Install the software
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.mageiabr.org%2Fmageia%2Fccm>.
>
> I edited these texts for the Forum and Wiki MandrivaBrasil and I copied
> them to the forum and Wiki MageiaBrasil.

I know some people for whom those instructions you made would be a great
help, if in a language they understand.

Thanks for giving the google translate links, I never looked at your
pages with Google translate, but the result is better than I had expected :)

> Currently I'm not getting much help and English is not my native
> language), but I can try.

Yes, if you have time, please translate them and put them in our wiki.
Besides, there are some native English speakers in documentation team
who can review your translations :)

Thanks, Macxi :)