[Mageia-discuss] Gnuradio

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jun 10 07:28:15 CEST 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:27:48 +1000
Phil <phil_lor at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Have any list members managed to get gnuradio going? I'm at my wits
> end with it.

I downloaded it from Ubuntu a while back.  It seems to be still a work
in progress, and is designed for specific hardware that I haven't got.
There are individual boards that plug into a motherboard, and give
capacity to add modules up to a full txcvr. I couldn't follow it either.
There is a program on the Web designed for an SDR receiver:
http://ewpereira.info/sdr-shell/, but it doesn't support my Elektor
SDR.  There is an elementary command line program available for the
Elektor.  I was wishing I had bought the Pereira unit, sold in Italy.

A much less ambitious project comes from
Australia:http://www.genesisradio.com.au/

It has a transmitter driver.

HTH,

Doug VK3KDI.