[Mageia-discuss] Accessibility in Mageia

Simon Parsons gm4nzg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:53:47 CEST 2012

On 12/06/2012 03:13, Patricia Fraser wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to propose a new feature for Mageia 3 - an accessible install
> with access tools on from startup. The feature proposal is here:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Accessibility
>
> This feature will depend on people being interested in joining in the
> effort - if that's you, add your name on that page somewhere, so we can
> see whether to go ahead.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Trish,

I'm assuming the first step is to get the installer to recognise things
like Braille keyboards early in the installation process and ask (how
does the installer know what language to use?) via a voice announcement
if the user would like to use special input devices or a normal keyboard?

It looks like the first step is to find someone who knows more about
kernel modules, when they get loaded and where in the install process
that this special equipment can be first recognised and used.

Simon