[Mageia-discuss] Music player

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Jun 16 05:15:49 CEST 2012

Hi Diego,

Le 2012-06-15 18:38, Diego Bello a écrit :

> I tried the Xine backend and didn't work at all. Someone said in this
> thread that it was broken upstream.
>
> So, it seems there is a problem with the gstreamer backend playing
> ogg. Let's try with the VLC backend. You will have to install it from
> the repositories.

I just tried playing .ogg files with GStreamer and there is no problem
playing them on my Amarok one after another.

I also tried playing .ogg files with the VLC backend, Amarok complained
that it had problems recognizing my soundcard, then defaulted to another
soundcard driver and played .ogg files without any problems.

Cheers,

Marc