[Mageia-discuss] Tethering cellphone to laptop

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Sun Jun 17 23:11:21 CEST 2012

On Sunday 17 June 2012, Marc Paré wrote:
> I have a Nokia C3 cellphone with a SpeakOut data plan (Canada)
> (unlimited data for $10/mo). Is there a way to tether my phone to the
> laptop when I am on the road?
>
> Nokia offers its "Nokia Ovi Suite" for tethering on Win boxes but I
> tried it with Wine and its no-go.

I think most Nokia phones (Symbian, for one) can do direct data connection
from the laptop, w/o tethering.

I have the X3-02. I have configured one ppp connection, using standard "ifcfg"
+ "/etc/ppp/peers" files for it.
This means, over bluetooth, I can simply call "ifup ppp2" and get an internet
connection wherever I am.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!