[Mageia-discuss] Skype 4.0

Alejandro López listas.apl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:53:29 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Erik Jan <ejvwaasdijk at msn.com> wrote:

> Chopin Sébastien had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 17-06-12 19:47:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> Skype 4.0 for linux is out :
>> http://www.skype.com/intl/fr/**get-skype/on-your-computer/**linux/<http://www.skype.com/intl/fr/get-skype/on-your-computer/linux/>
>>
>> Anybody can compile it for Mageia 2 instead the old version 2.0 ?
>>
>> Sébastien
>>

> I tried the static version, as I always did in Mandriva. The new version
> does not work, because of a missing libtiff.so.4.

I faced the same problem, but the dynamic version seems to work(*).

(*) I said seems to work because in my machine the gnome session crashes as
soon as I try to open skype's configuration window, but this is something
that was also happening with the previous version and also happens with
other applications (e.g. calibre). I think the problem comes from my
installation and not from skype or calibre. I'll treat the problem in a
separate thread as soon as I get more information.

Alejandro.