[Mageia-discuss] HP Printer

Gary Montalbine gmontalbine at cox.net
Sat Jun 23 04:01:01 CEST 2012

On 06/22/2012 08:56 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 20:01 -0400, Gary Montalbine wrote:
> [...]
>> Angelo's fixes made the color much better. The print was still slightly
>> darker but usable. Print quality has gradually decreased since then and
>> is beyond my technical capability or desire to correct.
>
> OK, thanks, this is new information for those of us who had been unaware
> of the bugzill history :)
>

>>   It is time to
>> get a new printer.
>
> This may be a question best asked on the forums. But to avoid other
> people getting confused about the problem, start out with, "I'm looking
> to replace my old HP printer. Is there an all-in-one HP printer people
> would recommend for use with the new Mageia 2 release?"
>
> (I don't have an answer since I don't currently have an HP printer here)
>
> Liam

I had asked earlier on the printer forum and have had only one response
with no recommendation. If nothing else there was good information about
calibration presented here that should help the more technically
inclined. My question was not a complete waste of time and space.

I am looking at the HP Photosmart 6510

Thanks all for your help.

Gary