[Mageia-discuss] HP Printer

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 14:41:17 CEST 2012

On 06/23/2012 10:25 AM, Gary Montalbine wrote:

> I copied a color photo on my printer. The printed copy was darker in the
> red areas and slightly lighter in the yellow green area. A scan into
> gimp showed a slight darker red than the original. The specs for the
> printer indicate there is no color calibration available. In fact a
> check of other Hp printers also shows no color calibration avail.
> Thanks, Gary

Scanner bulbs age. Ink also ages, different colors at different rates.
That's probably why your prints look different than the originals.
Software like GIMP can compensate.

But beyond that, monitors come with a lot of adjustments, and printers
don't. It's a simple fact of computing that if you want to see the same
thing on your printer that you do on your monitor, it's usually easier
to calibrate the monitor with the printer than calibrate the printer
with the monitor.

TJ