[Mageia-discuss] Booting into safe mode -- not working

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Jun 25 08:28:57 CEST 2012

Hi Doug,

Le 2012-06-25 01:20, Doug Laidlaw a écrit :
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:04:40 -0400
> Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>  wrote:
>
>> I was in the process of working out problems with a friend of mine
>> who had trouble with her config files and I wanted to boot into "safe
>> mode" to walk her through "drakconf".
>>
>> When I tried to boot into safe mode it stopped at "Failed to issue
>> method call: Transaction is destructive". My box still boots fine
>> into regular mode but won't in safe mode. What is curious also, is
>> that I have another box that I am repairing for someone and it does
>> the same thing, it won't boot into safe mode. However, I tried it on
>> laptop and it does boot into safe mode. Weird.
>>
>> Anyway, any ideas on how I could get safe mode to work properly
>> again? I took a camera shot of the monitor and the output on the last
>> page of booting up into safe mode where it died[1].
>>
>> NOTE: all systems are running Mageia2
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Marc
>>
>> [1] http://www.parentreprise.com/images/Mageia/Photo0137.jpg
>>

> It looks as though you aren't the only one:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=266172 and the bug
> report quoted there may be of some help.  Note that Fedora uses lvm by
> default.  There are other reports in Google as well.
>
> HTH,
>
> Doug.

Thanks for the note.

This is really not what I am experiencing, although perhaps having
shared folders may be the cause of the problem. I don't imagine that if
my system were not to be able to boot in normal mode that I would have
the tools on me to fix the problem as I would be unable to boot into any
safe mode.

Our Mageia2 systems should be able to boot, at the very least, into safe
mode, regardless of any prior configurations. I have 2 boxes where
booting in safe mode is not possible.

Cheers,

Marc