[Mageia-discuss] Drakconnect

Daniel mandriva at daik.se
Mon Jan 14 11:14:10 CET 2013

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 21:32:15 +0100, Papoteur wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have started to document this tool :
>

>         Set up a new network interface (LAN, ISDN, ADSL, ...)
>
> It is accessible in Calenco and visible soon here :
> http://docteam.mageia.nl/en/MCC/content/drakconnect.html for technically
> proofreading.
>
> Some sections are not documented, besause it is necessary to have the
> hardware connected to configure it:
> - Satellite connection (DVB)
> - Cable modem connection - GPRS/Edge/3G connection - Bluetoth Dial-Up
> Networking connection
>
> If you have such a hardware, you can provide to doc team screenshots at
> each step of the configuration, or write the section.
>
> The technical proofreading means:
> 1/ Detect if some part of documentation is lacking, for example a path
> for a wizard, or some window.
> 2/ Detect if what it is said is correct or not.
> 3/ Indicate if you feel that some part must be more detailed, for
> example the implication of some options.
> 4/ Indicate if you feel that the actions done by the tool are not enough
> described, for example which files are modified, which service is
> restarted...
>
> You can give your opinion even on one point and even if you do not know
> how to complete/modify the documentation. You're welcome Papoteur

Hello Papoteur,
I've got a 3G (4G actually) modem, I'm happy to either write the
documentation, or just take the screenshots. How would you like to get
the text/images off me? What is the easiest way? I can also do some proof
reading. In that case how do I get the comments to you? I do not have a
lot of time, but I figure some time is still valuable

regards
Daniel