[Mageia-discuss] Mageia wlan problem.

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Tue Jan 15 16:56:19 CET 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:16:40 +0100, Alexander Steidel wrote:

> i just installed magei 2 with gnome  but i had a problem with the
> atheros wlan.
> is there a way that i can activate the wlan feature ?

   If you tell us how and when the problem manifested itself, someone
might be able to help.

The WiFi problem I had with Mageia-2 was that one of the s/w updates
broke it - it could no longer connect to the router.
    What worked there was to use MCC to install
"kernel-network-nonfree" (a suggestion I found when Googling for the
problem) - but that didn't solve the Mageia-3 WiFi problem I later had..
--
/\/\aurice