[Mageia-discuss] Mageia wlan problem.

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Tue Jan 15 23:38:28 CET 2013

On 01/15/2013 10:49 PM, John Bowden wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Jan 2013 12:16:40 Alexander Steidel wrote:
>> hello,
>> i just installed magei 2 with gnome  but i had a problem with the
>> atheros wlan.
>> is there a way that i can activate the wlan feature ? I cant connect the
>> oc via lan cable to the internet. is there any other way to activate this.?
>>
>> I am using gnome and is there a way to activate a zoom or to make the
>> font size bigger. especially in the login window. ? or is there aanother
>> way to activate this settimgs for the impaured person, like a zoom or
>> something else?
>> Or must i choose a nother desktop ?
>>
>> regards
> alexander
> There is a "input device" icon in the "system settings" accessed from the
> spanner & screwdriver icon to adjust keyboard layout and in the control centre
> you can set the localityfrom the "systems tab".
> If these don't help perhaps a bit more infomation on your set up and some one
> here or on irc can help
> Regards John Bowden (Led43-???)

The problem I have experienced often is that I can see the access points
with drakconf's network manager and when I select access point to
connect I can even enter the ac password. But after pressing the connect
button I will just get error after a while that can not connect.

But if I after that reboot, the wlan ap will be connected on next boot
automatically and it will work after that just fine.

I have a feeling that somehow drakconnects wlan connection interferes
with the gnome's own wlan connection manager that uses conman.

Mika