[Mageia-discuss] Drakconnect

Daniel mandriva at daik.se
Wed Jan 16 11:04:57 CET 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:00:05 +0100, Papoteur wrote:

> Le 14/01/2013 11:14, Daniel a écrit :
>> On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 21:32:15 +0100, Papoteur wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have started to document this tool :
>>>

>>>          Set up a new network interface (LAN, ISDN, ADSL, ...)
>>>
>>> It is accessible in Calenco and visible soon here :
>>> http://docteam.mageia.nl/en/MCC/content/drakconnect.html for
>>> technically proofreading.
>>>
>>> Some sections are not documented, besause it is necessary to have the
>>> hardware connected to configure it:
>>> - Satellite connection (DVB)
>>> - Cable modem connection - GPRS/Edge/3G connection - Bluetoth Dial-Up
>>> Networking connection
>>>
>>> If you have such a hardware, you can provide to doc team screenshots
>>> at each step of the configuration, or write the section.
>>>
>>> The technical proofreading means:
>>> 1/ Detect if some part of documentation is lacking, for example a path
>>> for a wizard, or some window.
>>> 2/ Detect if what it is said is correct or not.
>>> 3/ Indicate if you feel that some part must be more detailed, for
>>> example the implication of some options.
>>> 4/ Indicate if you feel that the actions done by the tool are not
>>> enough described, for example which files are modified, which service
>>> is restarted...
>>>
>>> You can give your opinion even on one point and even if you do not
>>> know how to complete/modify the documentation. You're welcome Papoteur
>> Hello Papoteur,
>> I've got a 3G (4G actually) modem, I'm happy to either write the
>> documentation, or just take the screenshots. How would you like to get
>> the text/images off me? What is the easiest way? I can also do some
>> proof reading. In that case how do I get the comments to you? I do not
>> have a lot of time, but I figure some time is still valuable
>>
>> regards Daniel
>>

> Hello Daniel,
> Thank you for your proposition.
> I suppose your are not familiar with Calenco. Thus the better is to
> furnish me at least the screnshots in png format. This can be done by
> email. If you have time and inspiration you can also write the text and
> I will format it to include it in the xml file on Calenco.
> Do you agree?
> Regards Papoteur

Hello Papoteur,
You are correct, I am not familiar at all with Calenco. I will at minimum
take the screenshots this weekend, and hopefully also got the text
written. I assume it is best to send the images directly to you and not
burden the mailing list with the attachments?

regards
Daniel