[Mageia-i18n] Setting up i18n team

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 3 20:10:38 CET 2010

2010/12/3 Marek Laane <bald at smail.ee>:

> Well, yes, as KDE translator my "mileage" really shows it's much more easy
> to translate PO-s and then regenerate it as XML (DocBook in KDE) and add
> pictures and so on than fuss about in any other format - I've had years ago
> even translated Mandriva docs straight in XML but can't say if was great
> fun... Another point for PO is that you can have translation memory if you
> use Lokalize or some other TM-capable application. But, of course, all that
> may be discussable in future...

You will forget your PO when you are translating a complete page and
you need the context of the first paragraph to translate the 4th para.
or when you realize that in your language you better place the 3rd
para before the second and take the last line of the 3rd para as first
line of the 2nd para. Something which happens all the time in full
text translation of larger docs.

Anyhow, nobody will ask you to use this or that method. When the time
comes I count on all of you to look at the options and then I tell you
what to use :) No, kidding !

--
wobo