[Mageia-i18n] Announcement of Meeting, Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:20:12 CET 2010

2010/12/8 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:

> You forgot to tell where it will be hold :)
>
> ( and I also assume that giving some link to irc howto could help )

OOPS!

Meeting will be held in channel #mageia-i18n on Freenode.

IRC HowTo: A fairly good HowTo is the "Linux irc-mini-HowTo" by the
Linux Documentation Project on http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IRC/

But you don't need much to know.

1. Start any IRC client (konversation, xchat, etc.), go to the list of
servers and connect to Freenode.

2. Once connected you join the channel by typing ' /join #mageia-i18n'
(where the leading slash is the character which starts a command in IRC)

There are only few "Etiquette" which are important in such meetings:

Avoid one-to-one off topic conversations while others are talking
about the topic at hand.
Stay on topic. If there is need for an additional topic, we can add it
to the list (if there is time available)
Regard the meeting as if it was a usual office room meeting with a
chairman and one speaks after the other.
Have patience with other participants, some users are either not used
to IRC or are slow writers. And about 99% or more will be talking in a
foreign tongue

That's all I can think of at the moment. More advice welcome

--
wobo