[Mageia-i18n] Workflow for i18n translators

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 23:16:49 CET 2010

----- Original Message ----

Hi Wobo,

I thought that this point was clear enough. I totally agree with you.

In a previous post I expressed my preference for an online tool for
proofreading, validating and submitting.
Even with an online tool like Transifex, you need to extract the po file to
compile it so that you can test the result locally. From this point of view the
classical way (PO editor + SVN) it's more practical. From the collaborative
point of view an online tool is an imperative.

So, at the end I think we'll need both ways (Local editor + SVN and online tool)
integrated together.
At least 2 translator may be able to submit (after proofreading and validation),
but this right must be given according to the translator experience and
recognized for the quality of his work. Of course (at least) 3 translators with
the submit right is the safest option where is possible.

Gosh, I've said the same thing as wobo (again) :)

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team