[Mageia-i18n] Suggestion for blog translation system

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:33:39 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 15:17, atilla ontas <tarakbumba at gmail.com> wrote:
> [... sorry I may have mixed quotes authors ...]

>>> This one will not break rss feed.
>>
>> Right. So, all that's needed is the implementation :)

Ha. Who wants to take and test that offline first?

Hints:
 * have a third party script (that is, no plugin, no installation on Wordpress)
 * use WP xmlrpc interface for read/write operations
 * monitor source WP for new articles (say, every hour)
 * optionaly push new articles draft and notify by email to blogteam ml

Maybe augment this with cross blog notifications (who posted what and
when) so it helps each blog editor to synchronise with each other.

If a draft is automatically registered to all blogs, BE CAREFUL to
rewrite your translated post clean URL after your post title (and not
use the English original one).

> A little bit offtopic; may we, translators, write blog entries other
> than just translating. I.e. summary about ml discussions.

Why not, yes. We can try that. But do not make it a ML subsidiary only :p

Cheers,

Romain