[Mageia-i18n] Authoring on translated articles of blog

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 21:45:16 CEST 2010

----- Original Message ----

From: Diego Bello <dbello at gmail.com>
To: mageia-i18n at mageia.org
Sent: Tue, 26 October, 2010 19:44:49
Subject: [Mageia-i18n] Authoring on translated articles of blog

  Hi all,

  We, MdkTrans team, have been translating Mageia blog to Spanish
  (http://blog.mageia.org/es/) and now we are wondering if we should add
  a line explaining that the article is a translation of the original
  article in English or not.

  The question arises because the article "News from admins"
  (http://blog.mageia.org/?p=122) speaks in a personal way and is
  published by misc, but the Spanish version is published by Jacen (me)
  so it sounds like if it was me who worked on servers and the rack. I
  know the blog is in the same website but I still feel awkward stealing
  someone else's work :p.

   What do you think?
--
   Diego Bello Carreño

Dear all,

I personally prefer to translate the post "AS IS" as if it was directly posted
directly in the translated language. I'll content myself to add at the end of
the message the famous now "Translated by Foo"

I'd love that when a message is posted on the English blog (known as the
original source), to be automatically copied in the other languages sections
too. We'd simply just have then to edit the post and translate it. I don't know
if it's possible, but it'll be easier and will boost the translation teams a
little to update their localized blog section.

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team