[Mageia-i18n] First post to the list - A Suggestion

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Sep 26 01:09:15 CEST 2010

Le samedi 25 septembre 2010 à 19:03 +0200, Lombard Marianne a écrit :

> I'm not sure that using launchpad is a good idea. It's a canonical
> technology, even if they have released it a few years ago. And I didn't
> know any distro project (except ubuntu) who is using it.

Well, if you look at
http://blog.grossmeier.net/2010/09/23/other-launchpad-intalls-in-use/ ,
you will see that Canonical opened the code, but no one did the effort
of making it easy to install.

So using launchpad would either mean "do the work to make it cross
distro" ( and given the commentary, and my own experience, that's not
trivial ), or use the current launchpad.net service.

Using the current service would mean duplication of accounts, and would
force the usage of bzr to store source code or whatever. Which in turn
would be quite a mess on our side ( beside having to have 2 accounts,
and having to be (maybe) unable to script )

So, from my sysadmin point of view, that's quite undesirable.

--
Michael Scherer