[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-discuss] Translation -structure

Lombard Marianne marianne at tuxette.fr
Tue Sep 28 14:17:48 CEST 2010

Le 28/09/2010 14:13, David V. Wallin a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> Going to throw out an idea born by the members on Mageia-se.org
> <http://Mageia-se.org> about the handling of translations.
> This might be an obvious idea, and if so we'll be happy :-)
>
> I'm going to quote the text i wrote in #mageia since i currently feel
> too lazy to re-write it. Hope you understand what i'm trying to say with
> the text.
>
> "Had a discussion on Mageia-se.org <http://Mageia-se.org> where we
> talked about making translations of the disto from the community itself.
> The suggestion, that i wanted to run by someone before putting on the
> mailist, is that each country community starts a section (a wiki for
> example) where all the members of that community are able to translate
> as much as they are able and then, when reaching a certain percent
> translated, the translation is returned to the main developer team for
> implementation."
>
> "the main motivation from the members on mageia-se.org
> <http://mageia-se.org> was that everyone could feel apart of the work
> and feel useful since even only translating one word would be a
> contribution."
>

> ----
>
> Betygsätt gärna mitt mail!
> http://responsio.se/foretag/stockholm-next-generation-web/david-v-wallin/
>
> ----
>
> Best Regards / Vänligen ,
>
> Stockholm Next Generation Web
> David V. Wallin
> +46 (0)8 4100 39 82
> http://www.ngweb.se
> david at ngweb.se <mailto:david at ngweb.se>

Hi,

No tool has been chosen right now for the translation work. Different
ideas have been launched : subversion, transifex, etc. Why not a wiki.
There is advantages and problems in every solution.

You can join the list mageia-i18n, who is dedicated to the translation
and localization issue.

Marianne / Jehane

--
Marianne (Jehane) Lombard
Mandriva User - Mageia french translation team