[Mageia-i18n] libdrakxpot - correction in the pot-file?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 1 18:55:15 CEST 2011

2011/4/1 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> lebarhon <lebarhon at free.fr> schrieb am 01.04.2011
>> Le 01/04/2011 14:01, Sigrid Carrera a écrit :
>> > I think, that this string:
>> > You have more than one hard drive, which one do you install linux
>> > on?
>> > should read like:
>> > You have more than one hard drive, ? Where do you want to install
>> > linux
>> No, it's not the same thing. " Where do you want to install linux "
>> means in which partition, this question may be asked even for a
>> single hard disk PC. The first question expect a choice between
>> HD, not partition, may be to install Grub or to modify the MBR ?
>> Here, the context is very important.
> I have to agree with Sigrid. The String is phrased not very elegantly.
> But we should have some native speaker for those questions. Is someone
> from the English team reading this?

I'm not a native English speaker but I also have to agree to Sigrid's view.

The context is in the string: "There are 2 harddisks". Then the user
has to tell which of those he will want to install Linux on: "Where do
you want to install Linux?"
It's a generic question which is always related to the facts given
before the question or in a list which is displayed in relation to the
question. It would even be the correct question if it says, "There is
a coffee machine and a computer, where do you want to install Linux
on?"

--
wobo