[Mageia-i18n] [French + English Teams] Translation of Mageia.Org statutes

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:14:25 CET 2011

Hi,

Anne has laid down the official text of the Statutes of the Mageia.Org
Association in the wiki:
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=mageia_org_statutes

The text is in French, as the Association is an organisation under the
French jurisdiction and only this French text is legally binding. But
as an international community with English as our common language of
communication we need a good English translation of this text for
publishing and referral in international discussions.

For this task I'd like the French and English teams to work together,
the French because of their better understanding of the legal
mumbo-jumbo, the English for correct transfer to the English language.
Special French names of laws and/or public institutions should remain
in French with an English equivalent (if needed).

Could you pls discuss this together and give a report back (who will
do it, rough schedule).

Thx in advance for your cooperation

--
wobo